End SARS: Dino Melaye rebukes Buhari govt over N25bn donation to youths

Dino Melaye, former Kogi West Senator has faulted the Federal Government’s decision to donate N25bn to Nigerian youths to invest in business.

Melaye said the decision was hasty and lacked an indepth analytical framework.

In a post on his Facebook page, the former lawmaker said the money would be used for feeding due to corruption and what he termed chronic infrastructure.

According to Melaye: “The 25b naira donation to Nigerian Youth by the Federal Government to grow business is hasty, spontaneous and lacks in-depth analytical framework for capacity building.

“With poor infrastructure and chronic corruption the money will be used to feed. The Government must be sincere with the people. SDM”

Recall that the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, had disclosed that the Federal Government had created a N25bn Youth Fund as part of efforts to address the EndSARS protests and other related youth restiveness across the country.

READ ALSO  Nigerian troops kill three bandits, apprehend four in Benue

Ahmed had disclosed this during a stakeholders’ meeting with the Deputy Governor of Kaduna State, Dr Hadiza Balarabe, in Kaduna, over the weekend.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Police/Lekki shootings: Gov Sanwo-Olu’s panel gets vote of no confidence

Wed Nov 4 , 2020
Post Views: 50 The Progressive Yoruba Youth (PYY) has passed a vote of no confidence on the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry. The panel was set up to investigate police brutality and high handedness across the State. The group said the panel has so far come […]
RSS
Follow by Email