Nigeria to kick-off 774,000 jobs on Tuesday

Nigerian Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo has said that the Special Public Works Programme which would engage 774,000 unemployed Nigerians will kick off nationwide on Tuesday January 5, 2021.

The Minister while announcing this on his Twitter handle on Sunday night, explained that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has approved the commencement of the initiative.

He tweeted, “President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the take off of the Special Public Works Programme (engaging 774,000 unemployed itinerant Nigerians) to begin nationwide on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021. All NDE state structures are already in top gear for the take-off ceremonies.”

The programme, designed to employ 1,000 Nigerians from each of the 774 local government areas in the country was initially scheduled for launch on October 1, last year but it ran into hitches following the power play between Keyamo and the Director-General, National Directorate of Employment,Nasir Ladan, who was sacked last month.

READ ALSO  Christian youths react to US blacklist of Nigeria over religious intolerance

Each of the 774,000 workers will earn N20,000 monthly for three months duration of the job, amounting to about N46.44 billion.

The ministers are expected to launch the scheme in their respective states in collaboration with the governors.

Please follow and like us:

Bustanews T

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

COVID-19: Nigeria Immigration not aware of offenders’ travel ban

Mon Jan 4 , 2021
Post Views: 127 The Nigeria Immigration Service has said it has yet to receive a directive on the travel ban imposed on 100 international passengers by the Federal Government for allegedly flouting the mandatory seven-day post-arrival COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction test. The Immigration spokesman, DCI Sunday James, said he has […]
RSS
Follow by Email