One burnt to death in house fire in Edo

A middle-aged man identified as Kayode Akerele and popularly called Americana on Monday was reportedly burnt to death in a midnight inferno that gutted his residence in Igarra, Akoko-Edo local government area of Edo State.

The timely intervention of neighbours was said to have saved the front-end of the building housing the PDP secretariat from being burnt.

A member of the family said the fire was as a result of a candle the deceased lit in his room and slept off.

He said: “A neighbour said he saw him buy a candle and went into his room. He lit the candle and slept-off, the candle burnt into the rug and then inflamed the ceiling and in the process, the ceiling collapsed on him. He must have been in a deep sleep as he was suffocated and burnt to death.

“To avoid prying eyes and persons who wanted to immediately start posting his pictures on social media, the family immediately decided to bury him.

READ ALSO  Doctor sentenced to 14 years in prison for N5m fraud

The deceased was among those who graduated into the Igarra community elders council in 2018.

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

FIBA AfroBasket 2021: Rasheed Sulaimon ruled out of qualifiers

Tue Nov 17 , 2020
Post Views: 7 Casademont Zaragoza Shooting Guard, Rasheed Sulaimon has been ruled out of D’Tigers’ 2021 FIBA AfroBasket qualifiers on account of injury. Sulaimon was listed in the 20 man list released by Coach Mike Brown. He will no longer play in the November 27 – 29 qualifiers due to […]

Category